The City of Light welcomes you in the capital of luxury. Boutiques, hotels, palaces, restaurants… The streets of Paris are over-flowing with beautiful and expensive places that make the entire world dream about this wonderful city.
The capital of France never stopped fascinating its visitors. Let’s have a look at the numerous adresses and locations which made the reputation of Paris.
From the Champs Elysées to the Place Vendôme, with a detour in the parisian golden triangle, treat yourself with an unforgetable tour of the city that you will not only visit, but truly live.
The parisian golden triangle is an area of Paris delimited by 3 streets: the avenue Montaigne, the avenue George V, the Champs Elysées, and this triangle is intercepted by the street François Premier. These four axis are where you can find an immense concentration of luxuous brands such as Channel, Hermès, Louboutin, Yves Saint Laurent, Prada, Balmain, Dior… and many other prestigious names.
Nevertheless, this is not the only place in Paris where you can encounter these creators. Indeed, if you wander on the Faubourg Saint Honoré or around the Opéra Garnier, the Place de la Madeleine, the place Vendôme, or near the boulevard Haussmann and its famous department stores like the Printemps, you will also encounter those designers’ brands. You will also find the same creators in the Marais and the rue de Rivoli. Of course, this list would be incomplete without the Galeries Lafayette and the BHV de l’Hôtel de Ville.
– Dior : This brand was created in 1946 by the fashion designer Christian Dior. The world of fashion owes him the dome-like skirt as well as the ‘New Look’.
Address : 30,Avenue Montaigne, Paris 8th.
and 11, rue François I, Paris 8th. .
– Yves Saint Laurent : After being at the head of the company Dior, Yves Saint Laurent decided to create his own brand in 1961. He and his company became really famous thanks to his very original creation: the Mondrian dress.
Address : 38, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, Paris 8th.
and 6 Place Saint Sulpice, Paris 6th.
– Chanel : Was created in the 1910s by Gabrielle Chanel (who was often called by her nickname: Coco). Nowadays, it is the creator Karl Lagerfeld who is in charge of Chanel; he meets the challenge of giving a breath of modernity to the brand without losing its original spirit.
Address : 31, rue Cambon, Paris 1st.
– Louboutin : Well-known all over the world for its red-soiled shoes, the brand Louboutin was created in 1991 by Christian Louboutin. Today, the company is very famous and is especially praised by international celebrities.
Address : 68, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, Paris 8th.
JEWELLERY & WATCHES
There is nothing like a beautiful jewel to adorn a couture outfit…
Here is a very exhaustive list of the best adresses that you can find in Paris:
– Chaumet : 12, Place Vendôme, Paris 1st.
– Boucheron : 26, Place Vendôme, Paris 1st; 32, rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré, Paris 8th; 20, rue de la Paix, Paris 2nd.
– Piaget : 16, Place Vendôme, Paris 1st.
– Bulgarie : 40, avenue George V, Paris 8th; 25, Place Vendôme, Paris 1st.
– Cartier : 23, Place Vendôme, Paris 1st; 154, Avenue des Champs Elysées, Paris 8th; 41, rue de Rennes, Paris 6th.
– Rolex : 56, rue de Rennes, Paris 6th; 4, rue de Sèvres, Paris 6th; 9, Place Vendôme, Paris 1st; 3 Avenue Ruysdael, Paris 8th.
Luxury is not only about the way you look but also about the food you eat. Be what you eat and treat yourself with one of the best restaurants of the capital whose kitchens are often managed by the best chefs in the world.
Essential Places :
– Ladurée, situated on the Champs-Elysées, this wonderful patisserie, which also serves tea in the afternoon, will seduce you with its famous macarons.
– Fauchon, this classy culinary boutique will serve you a large selection of sweet or salted dishes. You will be able to degust their famous ‘foie-gras’ as well as a large assortment of chocolates.
– Lenôtre, present in the 16th and 17th arrondissements of Paris, and on the Champs-Elysées, this renowned caterer will give you the opportunity to taste several of his salted specialties and pastries.
– Le Fouquet’s, an authentic institution in Paris. This luxurious café and restaurant is managed by the well-known chef Jean-Yves Leranguer, who won the prestigious award, Meilleur Ouvrier de France, in 1996.
– Buddha Bar, tThis restaurant-bar is situated between the street Faubourg Saint-Honoré and Champs-Elysées is also an international club and hotel. Its menu offers a rare diversity of Indian, Asian, French and American specialties.
– Le Grand Café, this renowned French café-restaurant is to be found near the Opéra Garnier, on the Boulevard des Capucines. Its unique feature is that it is open all day and all night long!
– Le Café de la Paix, also near the Opéra Garnier, this luxurious café-restaurant made the reputation of the area. The kitchen is managed by the well-known chef Christophe Raoux.
– Le Train Bleu, this restaurant is to be found inside the Gare de Lyon and is one of the most famous restaurants of the city. It was created at the very beginning of the 20th century and the decoration of the rooms will remind you the period of its creation.
The unmissible restaurants awarded by the Michelin Guide :
– L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon – which can be found 5, rue Montalembert in the 7th arrondissement of the capital – was awarded 2 stars.
– The restaurant of the Palace Meurice – situated 228, rue de Rivoli in the 1st arrondissement – and whose kitchen is directed by the chef Alain Ducasse, was awarded 3 stars.
– The Japanese restaurant Jin – 6, rue de la Sourdière in the 1st arrondissement – has one star.
The numerous parisian hotels and palaces are a large part of the most beautiful heritages of the world. These wonderful buildings can be found in the most magical places of the capital and will allow you lavish views of the parisian monuments.
The Ritz, the George V and the Meurice are some of the names you might be familiar with; but let’s discover together the unmissable and luxurious establishments of the capital.
– Buddha Bar Hôtel, this five-star hotel can be found in the 8th arrondissement. You will certainly be charmed by its alluring atmosphere and the warm colours of its decoration.
– Park Hyatt Vendôme, located in the 2nd district near Place Vendôme, is a renowned luxury hotel which has a contemporary minimalist décor in a Haussmann type of institution .
– Le Meurice, the beautiful building of the large parisian palace of the 1st arrondissement is situated in the rue de Rivoli. With its golden decorations, the hotel truly looks like Versailles.
– Le Ritz, this famous five-star hotel is situated on the Place Vendôme. It is especially praised by various personnalities, as well as famous film-directors, who like to stay at the Ritz when they visit or work in Paris.
– Four Seasons George V, this five-star hotel in the 8th arrondissement of Paris can be found on the avenue George V, near the Champs-Elysées. The classy decoration is particularly noticeable and the hotel is especially famous for its beautiful flowered entrance hall.
– L’Hôtel Crillon, certainly one of the most beautiful and one of the oldest hotels in the world. This palace is to be found on the Place of the Concorde. The hotel will be closed until 2015 for refurbishment.
– Le Bristol, thanks to its “frenchy” and classy decoration combining elegance and parisian chic, this five-star hotel has been awarded the title of Best French Hotel. It can be found on the Faubourg Saint Honoré in the middle of the 8th arrondissement.
– L’Hôtel de Sers, this hotel can be found on the avenue Hoch and proposes to its clients a large number of luxurious rooms.
– Le Royal Monceau, located on the Hoch avenue, offers sumptuous rooms and suites with elegant and refined decoration that give it an international reputation.
To know more about the luxurious hotels of Paris, click here.