SEA - SOUTH - SURFING
- First of all, Biarritz is a seaside resort, which will offer you all the attached services: luxury hotels, balneotherapy, and thalassotherapy...
- Biarritz can surely boast about its sports culture: on top of it, surf riding attracts thousands of tourists every year on its best surfing spots; what's more, every year, the town of Biarritz also wins many international competitions in another sport: rugby! And let's not forget a very popular regional sport: jai alai! Why don't you try it?
- There are several monuments in Biarritz: the Villa Eugénie, built in 1854 for Emperor Napoleon's wife, which has turned out to be the Hôtel du Palais, a five-star hotel; the lighthouse of Biarritz, so that the ships navigate safely, and which used to be a spot where to lie in wait for the whales; and, last but not least, the Villa Belza, a neo-medieval-like villa built at the end of the19th century on the rocky coast, is worth seeing!
- The Museum of the Sea has a marine aquarium: there you will watch the underwater life of the Bay of Biscay and the underwater life of any other ocean.
The climate is mild, both during summer and winter, it rarely rains and it is quite windy sometimes. Averages temperatures are 8.1°C in January and 19.8°C in July. Try and book your stay in June or in September, so that you avoid the flocks of tourists and enjoy the water.
Our best tips
- Let's discover the Basque country (and Bayonne).
Average prices for hotels
- Low budget: 107€ per night in high season and 67€ in low season.
- Mid-range: 139€ per night in high season and 81€ in low season.
- Luxury: 402€ per night in high season and165€ in low season.
Recommended areas for your hotel
- Close to the airport: the arrival and the departure will be easier!
- On the seafront: ideal for the view and the beaches.
Need more information about this place?
We wrote un mini guide for our readers that we hope is coming as handy as possible (also available in PDF format to download, useful while traveling without an internet connexion) :
Biarritz : Handy Mini Travel Guide